Our team is a collective of dynamic professionals in a myriad of fields. Each member represents a unique blend of experience and expertise.
Dr. Willette Burnham Williams is an experienced executive in higher education with more than 35 years of experience. Her career has been a progression of increasingly complex senior-level roles – with a specific focus in student affairs. She served two terms on the American Council on Women’s National Network Executive Board (July 2005-2012).
With a passion for women’s leadership, student advocacy, team building and project management, Dr. Burnham believes inclusion is the key to the sustainable success of any – and all – comprehensive professional practices. She completed her advanced degrees in Educational Administration and a Graduate Certificate in Health Care Executive Diversity at the University of South Carolina and Georgetown University, respectively.
- Assessment & Strategic Planning
- Co-curricular Program Development
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Fundraising & Resource Allocation
- Goal Setting
- Holistic Student Development ( Persistence & Retention)
- Institutional Effectiveness
- Leadership Development for Women, Students & Young Professionals
- Organizational/Program Management
- Student Affairs Administration & Management
Dr. DaNine J. Fleming is a multi-faceted Educational Specialist, Program Director and Public Speaker with a career that has spanned from student leadership development to diversity and inclusion education. Specializing in leadership and developing strategies for increasing diversity, conflict resolution and creating grassroots community initiatives, she has served her community at numerous levels – from higher education leadership to community support as a Birth Doula, Childbirth Educator and founding member of a youth anti violence advisory council.
Dr. Fleming holds a B.S. in Elementary Education from Claflin University, where she graduated Magna Cum Laude. She also holds advanced degrees in Early Childhood Education, Educational Leadership and Administration from the University of Charleston, South Carolina State University and Youngstown State University respectively. In 2011, she earned a Certificate in Theology from the Interdenominational Theological Center (ITC) in Atlanta, Georgia. She is currently a member of Leadership South Carolina (2017 Cohort).
- Diversity Consulting & Training (K-12, Higher Education, Academic Medical Institutions)
- Organizational Re-visioning & Management
- Strategic Planning
- Workforce Recruitment & Retention
- Leadership Diversity
- Developing Culturally Competent Curricula
- Cultural Competence Coaching
- Conference Planning
- Grassroots and Non-Profit Organization Development
- Unconscious Bias and Appreciative Inquiry
Mrs. Tamika Felder-Campbell is a 15-year cervical cancer survivor and internationally recognized patient advocate for cervical cancer prevention. She is a Cervivor (cervical cancer survivor + passionate advocate= Cervivor), and founder of Tamika & Friends, Inc., a national non-profit organization dedicated to cervical cancer awareness through a network of survivors and their friends. By telling her story, Tamika decided to use her experience and her voice to help educate other women about ways to prevent cervical cancer.
Mrs. Felder-Campbell earned a B.A.in English with a Concentration in Mass Communications, is a member of the National HPV Roundtable, served on the President’s Cancer Panel and is the author of: “Seriously, what are you waiting for? 13 Actions to Ignite Your Life and Achieve the Ultimate Comeback.”
- HPV/Cervical Cancer Subject Matter Expert
- Motivator /Finding Your Path / Moving Past What Has You Stuck
- Perfectly Imperfect Life (it’s not all fairytales)
- From TV Producer to Global Cancer Advocate
- The Art of Storytelling
Mr. David Howell has extensive experience in various levels of higher education. He has over 16 years of progressive experience in increasingly responsible roles. Mr. Howell has experience in strategic planning, goal setting, student development, interprofessional education, curricular and co-curricular program development, community collaborations, program management, classroom teaching and diversity and inclusion. Mr. Howell has a special interest in brainstorming sessions for goal setting and strategic planning, building effective team building skills, and diversity and inclusion.
Mr. Howell earned an Associate in Arts from Trident Technical College, a Bachelor of Science in Adult Education from Southern Illinois University-Carbondale, a Master of Business Administration from The Citadel, and is currently pursuing a Doctor of Education degree in Higher Education Leadership at North Greenville University.
- Diversity and Inclusion (including specific topics of LGBT advocacy)
- Career Counseling and Mentoring (including resume writing and mock interviewing)
- Team Building and Collaboration
- Strategic Planning and Goal Setting
- Faculty Development
- Interprofessional Education Consulting
Ms. Cokeitha Gaddist is the founder and CEO of LifeStyle & Career Consultants providing personal, professional and couples coaching using the 7 Portals of Life which she developed. A former hospital administrator, she also has experience as a disability advocate, therapist and is an active community ally. She is a member of the American College of Healthcare Executives.
Ms. Gaddist earned a BS in Health and Physical Education, and advanced degrees in rehabilitation counseling and health administration and policy respectively.
- Coalition Development and Collective Impact Management
- Project Management and Contract Negotiation
- Service Line Development and Product Promotion
- Community Outreach and Partnership Expansion
- Physician Liaison: Practice Management and Development
- Quality Performance Outcomes and Operational Efficiency
- Strategic Planning and Business Growth Development
- Customer Service Training and Staff Development
- Freelance Health and Wellness community columnist (writer) and educator
Dr. Janelle Renee Carter is an assistant professor and Director of Clinical Training for the Department of Social Work, Psychology, and Counseling at Alabama A&M University. She has 10 years of clinical experience counseling individual’s, children, adolescents, families, and couples and has also served as a therapist on several wrap-around teams. Dr. Carter facilitated several support groups for seniors and individuals coping with grief and loss and has provided supervision to masters level students in various master’s program. Dr. Carter has been a part of an ongoing project in Haiti providing training for mental health practitioners. Currently Dr. Carter is the president of the Huntsville chapter of the Association of Black Women in Higher Education.
Carter earned a BS in Psychology, and advanced degrees in professional counseling and counselor education and supervision respectively.
- Transgenerational trauma
- Infusing diversity in schools
- Spirituality in counseling
- Culturally competent counseling
Ms. Tisa Whack is a business management professional that had her life turned upside down when her only child was tragically murdered in 2015. Utilizing grief as her motivation, she works with grassroots organizations, individuals and families to create a pipeline of support for those who feel helpless, hopeless and voiceless. Her story and advocacy is one of inspiration, information and guidance to those who wish to stand as allies in support of community members who have suffered tremendous loss.
Whack earned a BS in Business with a concentration in management and is currently enrolled in a master’s of science in business program with a concentration in project management.
- Utilizing grief as a motivator
- Research and analytics
- Effective strategies for personal development
- Infusing effective listening skills with finding your voice
Keisha Hawes is a most resilient individual who has shown a great deal of grit. She survived a heart attack at the age of 31 and became a national spokesperson for the American Heart Association and an advocate for women’s heart health. She has dedicated her life to her community all while being a wife, mother to 3 young children and stepmother to 3 adult children. She is a member of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc., Alpha Phi Omega Fraternity, a ministerial leader at Increasing Faith Christian Center in Charleston, SC, an active parent volunteer at Meeting Street Academy, Ashley Hall & Porter Gaud schools respectively, volunteers with Trident United Way, the Children’s Museum of the Lowcountry and several local anti-bullying initiatives.
Mrs. Hawes has a Bachelor of Arts in Urban Studies with a concentration in Policy and Social Problems from the College of Charleston, Charleston SC. She is a National Spokesperson for the American Heart Association and has been featured in numerous local magazines.
- Heart Disease Awareness
- Health Advocacy
- Faith during the storms of life
- Youth Empowerment
- Women Empowerment