Harambee is a Kiswahili word meaning “let’s pull together.” The Harambee Summit is a 1-day educational conference designed for students of color and their allies to come together and address issues pertinent to their collegiate success.
The Harambee Summit is designed to be a holistic experience and is based on the multicultural premise that a group must recognize and affirm itself before it is able to share and recognize the differences of others.
Thus, students can expect to:
- Engage in sincere, transparent discussions of needs, desires, issues, obstacles and solutions
- Dialogue about ways to strategically overcome obstacles to success
- Experience mental, social and spiritual enhancement through building authentic connections with one another
Although The Harambee Summit focuses on students’ success at predominately white colleges and universities, it includes strategies all students need to navigate the rigors of higher education. Students will:
- Know the importance of being an active contributor to the well being of their immediate and global environments.
- Be better prepared to advocate and support cultural awareness and sensitivity on their campuses.
- Be empowered through a deepened concept of self-identity, self-awareness and one’s role in a multi-cultural community.
- Understand how to proactively strive to live harmoniously with those within their circle, and respect the differences of others.
Contact us for more information.